Monday, September 10, 2018


Outstanding services, care & compassion from Mount Calvary Bereavement Services, St Theresa’s Nursing Home and St Stephen’s Church

 

Reference the above matter.

 

Ii was not easy for my siblings and I – together with the children my late mother looked after (Michelle Koh& Stephanie Choo) trying to cope with the loss of my wife Doris, my sister, Veronica and now my mother, Mrs. Pearl Fernando within a space of 4 years. 

 

Grief is never easy to cope with, it will come and go.

 

Mount Calvary Bereavement Services

 

When a loved one passes on. there are so many things to organise. But through the wonderful support and meticulous planning of Jeffrey Herman Vierra and his team at Mount Calvary Bereavement Services, my siblings and I were able to have a good night’s sleep knowing that my late mom was in good hands.

 

Mount Calvary, not only provided top-notch professional services, but every single staff member displayed compassion and much respect for all our relatives and friends who turned up at the wake.

 

This is the third time that I have secured the services of Mount Calvary, confident that they would always do an excellent job. Certainly, I would recommend them to anyone who needs funeral services.

 

St Theresa’s Home

 

St Theresa’s Home also gave wonderful support to my mother during her 4 years or so stay at this home. Her administrator Victor Seng has so much love for the residents and even though my mom had to struggle with several chronic conditions that include Parkinson’s Disease, Dementia which was a big challenge to the healthcare workers there, not once did they grumble or show disrespect and impatience with my mother.

 

All these kindness and compassion by the nursing team are probably inherited by Victor Seng who has always guided the nurses to show love, understanding and unflagging support to all the residents there.

 

The nurses adored my mother so it was no surprise that they took the trouble to pay their last respects to my mother at the wake on Thursday 6th September.  I was deeply touched.

 

With a rapid ageing population coming on-stream, Singapore could well do with the compassion of these kind of nurses.  They come from poor countries like the Philippines, Myanmar and India, but they are so rich in their hearts.

 

So, Victor, Seng, my family and I wish to record our deepest gratitude to you and your team. On several occasion, Victor you went the extra mile to render that ‘WOW’ service! 

 

St Stephens Church

 

In closing, it’s only fitting that we record our fondest gratitude to Rev Father Gerard Weerakoon, Parish Priest of St Stephen for conducting the funeral masses at the church and at Mandai crematorium with so much of God’s love. We were all uplifted by the manner in which Fr Gerard gave spiritual guidance, advice and professionalism during the 3 days that we were in prayer at his church.

 

I also would like to record my deepest appreciation to Faith, Fr Gerard’s secretary who rendered support, guidance and care to ensure that everything went smoothly.

 

God bless each and every one of you.

 

 

Sincerely,

 

Raymond Anthony Fernando

& the Fernando Family

 

No comments: