Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Very poor and questionable service from DBS Bank


27th June 2018

 

Heng Swee  Keat

Finance Minister

Cc: DPM Tharman

PM Lee Hsien Loong

 

Dear Mr Heng,

 

Very poor and questionable service from DBS Bank

 

I refer to the above matter.

This morning around 8.39am after praying to my late wife and sister in church, I withdrew some money from the DBS Thompson Plaza branch and while the deduction of $1,110 was made, the money did not come out from the machine.

The hotline number manned by the bank staff told me they can only rectify the mistake after investigating the incident and I can only get back my money in two days.  What would happen to the lower income group who need the money urgently for their daily expenses?  Has DBS bank got no compassion at all?

The staff proved most unhelpful and as a result of which I had to wait till 10am for the bank to open its doors before I could lodge an official report. and all my household chores including cooking and washing my clothes were delayed. A lot of customers at the bank in the queue were grumbling why the bank has to start operations at 10am when they ought to do so at 8.30am – just like other banks.

In addition, the bank at Avenue 4 Ang Mo Kio near the 628 market in Ang Mo Kio has taken away all staff, making it most inconvenient for many elderly Singaporeans. In what way is DBS Bank being supportive of our silver haired citizens?

Last month while updating my bank book, the book got stuck in the machine and the bank staff told me I will get back the bank book one week later. What kind of service is this from a bank? The bank boast of top-notch service, but is this any way to do it?
It is abundantly clear to me that the machines which I gather  is managed by a vendor are very badly maintained.

So, what next, wait two days to get my money back, then make another trip to the bank, all on account of poor systems in place?

I would appreciate a speedy reply and an apology from the bank, and an assurance that such incidents will not take place ever again

Thank you.

 

Sincerely,

 

Raymond Anthony Fernando

 

No comments: