Thursday, October 19, 2017

OBSTACLES WILL NOT HINDER ME FROM DOING WHAT I LOVE BEST





“The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.”

- Dr. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross -



I am also inspired by people who have overcome obstacles in life, and one such person is famous American basketball player Michael Jordan, who once said: “Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.”

For the past 3 and a half years, I make it a must to pray to my wife at the columbarium in my church where Doris’ ashes are laid. I go as early as 6am to pray to her even though the lights are only turned on at 8am.  I pray in the dark, but the light of the eyes in Jesus and my wife shines on me, and give me hope. It is very dark but I bring along my led light lamp so that I will not be groping in the dark and fall down.

Moreover, the stretch of road leading to the church is tricky as the MRT is being built there so many areas have been blocked off.  Going that early helps me avoid the peak hour crowd in buses and I find solitude at this hour when I can talk to my wife and Jesus – two people who always protect and care for me.

Whatever I have done; and continue to do for the marginalized in Singapore though my advocacy efforts, I do it with courage and conviction.  I fear no one. And those who believe in what I do will always give me encouragement. I will walk tall – as I walk the talk.  

Have a nice day, folks.

Sincerely,

 

Raymond Anthony Fernando  

No comments: