Saturday, June 25, 2016

2nd Report: Safe and clean environment vital for a healthy living in HDB flats


 

Almost 90 percent of our people living in Singapore, and they include foreigners and permanent residents live in Housing and Development Board (HDB) flats. Living in high rise flats poses challenges as not everyone abide by the rules by the HDB and the Building and Construction Authority (BCA).
 
Unsafe environment

It has been a daunting task for me to get the HDB and the town council to resolve the endless water dripping from my upstairs neighbour. On so many occasions, I had to raise to the HDB office in my estate, the persistent water dripping coming from the upstairs neighbour which not only is so noisy that it disrupts my sleep the whole night, but will also cause the constant water dripping to put my windows and air condition at high risk of being eroded and will sooner or later collapse, endangering the lives of those below my block.
Each time I bring this to the attention of the HDB, the HDB officer will caution the owner, then it will stop, and then after a few months, later the same problem will start all over again.
The HDB will not hesitate to charge residents with killer litter, but when responsible citizens maintain their windows, grills and aircondition in good order, why are we not getting the assistance to resolve this issue – one and for all.
Since 10th June 2016 from 11pm to 8am, the water dripping continued without a thought for the neighbours who need peace and quiet and a safe environment.  Now it is even worse, throughout the day, the endless water dripping continues to disrupt my sleep and there’s a risk that my windows and aircon may collapse due to erosion from the water dripping.

Matter raised to 3 MND ministers and the Prime Minister, but no concrete action taken
I have had interim replies from the town council and HDB officers and the QSM of MND, but the matter remains unsolved.
Deeply troubled that the matter cannot be solved at the MND level, I then had to write to 3MND ministers, 2 DPMs, the BCA and even the Prime Ministers, but my pleas for support and the urgent assistance fell on deaf ears.
Now a report has been sent to President Tony Tan
It has been 2 weeks now and as the matter is still unresolved, I wrote to our Head of State, President Tony Tan this morning.

Will the matter be finally resolved? I have my doubts.

Raymond Anthony Fernando

 

No comments: