Having gone through depression for a few years and have recovered fully from it, I would like to share with you some of the warning signs that you need to look out for when coping with depression.
1. Excessive fatigue or disturbed sleep
2. Weight loss
3. Losing interest in everything
4. Difficulty concentrating
5. Failing memory
6. Diminishing sexual interest
7. Inability to experience pleasure, even in situations that are normally pleasurable
8. Feeling worthlessm - that life is meaningless
9. Having thoughts of suicide
For ladies, depression sometimes comes right before their menstrual period. Some women expect to feel depressed, even making a habit of it. There is a way to fight it. First of all, take your mind off it. Do things that you enjoy doing, like dancing, listening to music and watching comical movies. Engaging in happy things makes you feel happy and also makes you look confident.
Note: Any change, serious loss or stress - e.g a divorce, the death of a loved one, the loss of a job, or move to a new home can trigger depression, usually temporary, but sometimes requiring treatment.
Raymond Anthony Fernando